A collection of the most important, interesting, and/or visited stuff I’ve been writing on this blog recently. This list is based partly on what my blog stats say people are visiting, partly on what is most important or interesting (or fun!) to me. This post will stay on top as a sticky post until my next Stuffsack. Stuffsack #1 explains the nomenclature.
What are you looking for?
- Ordinance. Anchorage’s equal rights ordinance, AO 2009-64 would which would prohibit discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation (including gender identity & expression). The local Christianist antigay contingent is out in force against it.
- The incredibly true adventures of Rev. Jerry Prevo. Prevo is the chief high muckety-muck of the aforementioned local Christianist antigay contingent.
- Palin ethics complaints. The “Two million dollar meme” & related.
- 7/21/09. “Waking from the grey.” A brief bout with one of my frequent modes of depression.
- 7/22/09. “The Daily Tweets, 2009-07-21: Assembly.” Live-tweeting the sixth & last public testimony on the Anchorage equal rights ordinance.
- 7/23/09. “You’re looking very quitty, too.” Comic relief: a satire on Palin’s resignation speech by Hockey Mama for Obama.
On the wider website
- One in Ten and Identity Reports. Two landmark studies from the 1980s profiling Alaska’s lesbian/gay community & profiling sexual orientation bias in Alaska. I was principal writer of one, coauthor of the other. Follow the tags to other posts about One in Ten and Identity Reports.
- Heard Linda McCarriston read: my teacher from the MFA program. Reacclimating myself to the ordinance battle, after being a tad burnt out on it. Had a bout with the grey, came out of it handily. Trying to catch up.
- If you’re as interested in the daily trivia of my life as I am, see The Daily Tweets.