So yesterday I made a deal with a new friend at Burn the Fat Inner Circle (which has rapidly become a central community for me) to become accountability partners (hey Eva!) — & already this is providing benefits. Yesterday she was willing to share an excellent meal tracking spreadsheet she’d designed in Excel, which saves me a lot of work in designing my own from scratch. I already had decided I needed to get a better sense of how I’m actually doing at the moment with caloric intake & macronutrient ratios — this helps a lot. Then today, she wrote & suggested writing out my goals for the week just a little more specifically & more quantifiably than before.
So here it is.
As I wrote earlier, I’m dating my startup as Feb. 18, 2008 (a Monday). That makes today the third day of Week 6.
Progress so far
- Since Feb. 18, I’ve lost about 10 lbs. (though of course it’s an inaccurate scale).
- Since Mar. 17 I’ve lost 2 inches around my waist & 1 inch around my hips; belt is one notch tighter.
Goals for Week 6
(I’m sometimes using abbreviations for days of the week. R is Thursday, because T is already taken up by Tuesday; Sa is Saturday & Su is Sunday.)
- Turbulence Training: Three full TT workouts (combined strength/circuit training with HIIT cardio on rower) (TRSa).
- Core: Three TT core workouts on alternate days (WFSu).
- Cardio: A minimum of 5000m rowed on at least 6 days. Of these, at least one 10,000m row (training for late April half-marathon challenge).
- Flexibility: Stretch after warmup on all rowing days.
- Incidental exercise (walking, dancing, etc.). Get out in the sun, now that it’s getting warmer!
- Continue on current eating program.
- Record all meals using meal tracking Excel spreadsheet in order to evaluate my current caloric intake & macronutrient ratios, with a summary of results by Sunday evening (March 30). Summary will include a rundown of estimated TDEE & other info from the various calculators at BF Inner Circle.
- “Official” weigh-in & measurements Sunday morning.
- Take another set of “progress” pics.
- Based on all of the above, establish goals for Week 7.
Motivation & accountability
- Continue tracking progress at Concept 2 online log, workplace “health activities” tracker, etc.
- Continue making use of online forums & discussion lists.
- Keep up the blog.
- Keep up with my accountability partner!