Once again the trial of Anthony Rollins, the former Anchorage Police Department cop accused of serial rape — was livetweeted by Grace Jang of KTVA Channel 11 News, Christine Kim of KTUU Channel 2 News, and photographer Ken Fankhauser in livetweeting the Anthony Rollins trial. Once again, I didn’t do much retweeting, so see their Twitter feeds for complete coverage. Or, follow the links below to media stories on today’s (Thursday, February 3) day in court.
You’ll also want to take a look at Anchorage pollster Ivan Moore’s column which was posted online today at by the Anchorage Press (to appear also in tomorrow’s print version). Moore wrote about “consent” in rape cases — from former Anchorage School District music teacher Satch Carlson (after whom the eponymous “Satch Carlson” law) to Anthony Rollins. I still harbor some anger at Moore for his suggestion in 2009 that we should throw transfolk under the bus if we wanted to get an equal rights ordinance in Anchorage (I wrote about the issue here and here), but on the topic of rape, consent, Satch Carlson, & Anthony Rollins — he’s spot on. Thank you, Mr. Moore.
The Rollins trial will resume on Monday, February 7. The state is expected to complete its case that day, at which point the defense will take up its case. Until then, I’ll try to think up other stuff to tweet about.
- RT: @adndotcom: 5th alleged victim testfies against former Anch. cop in sex-assault trial. http://bit.ly/f4Boql // Anthony Rollins trial #
- RT: @SciInMyFi: Coffee #science for the morning office crew? Roast ark brown for antioxidants: http://bit.ly/hfjyKp // mmm French roast! #
- RT: @SciInMyFi: Coffee good for women but bad for men in stressful situations? http://bit.ly/eeXprH #science #sff #
- Anthony Rollins trial day 7, ex-APD cop accused as serial rapist: being livetweeted by @GraceJangKTVA @christineKTUU @photogfank #fb #
- Guardian (UK): Are science fiction and fantasy poised to break into the literary canon? Man Booker Prize nominees? http://bit.ly/fC8As3 #
- Anchorage Press > Ivan Moore on “Defining “consent” in rape cases, from Satch Carlson to APD officer Anthony Rollins http://t.co/L3zrVXx #
- Per @GraceJangKTVA: Anthony Rollins trial resumes Monday. Judge says state will rest case on Monday; trial progressing quickly. #fb in reply to GraceJangKTVA #
- @exart @audioleo OK just what the heck is Thunderant & Portlandia? in reply to exart #
- @audioleo @exart Thanks! in reply to audioleo #
- @10ch Oops! Getting a lot of wrong email, hey? in reply to 10ch #
- Via @adndotcom final alleged sex assault victim testified at Anthony Rollins trial earlier today. http://bit.ly/dMaNAt // #fb #
- Here again, my Henkimaa post from yesterday: Why I’m following the trial of alleged serial rapist Anthony Rollins http://t.co/MR74Kah #
Coverage of Day 7 in the press:
- 3 Feb 2011. “Phone calls by police led to 6th alleged victim in Rollins case” by Casey Grove (Anchorage Daily News).
- 4 Feb 2011. “The Moore Report: Defining ‘consent’” by Ivan Moore (Anchorage Press).
(I’ll add the KTUU & KTVA stories when they become available.)