Today was the first day of counting write-in ballots in the Alaska U.S. Senate race, which is now (Scott McAdams having conceded) between incumbent Senator Lisa Murkowki, the write-in candidate, and Sarah Palin’s favorite Joe Miller.
Meantime, we’ve been hearing plenty about this Sunday’s premiere of Palin’s [un][sur]reality show “Sarah Palin’s Alaska”. The above screenshot is from the Washington Post‘s review of “Sarah Palin’s Alaska”, which included an embedded of Alaskans’ Twitter tweets about the (un)reality show.
And there I am, and there’s the first few words of my tweet, the full test of which is included in the title of today’s post.
The day’s tweets:
- I find myself amazed that this far into the internet age, people are still emailing to my work proposing a website “link exchange.” Duh. #fb #
- Report this pedophile manual: use feedback links on bottom of product page so @amazon removes. http://amzn.to/9SKcJi Please retweet. #fb #
- RT: @harrymarkov: Pedophile Guidebook: Free Speech, Censorship, Boundaries http://t.co/LpXUwrC // My free speech: Amazon, lose the book. #fb #
- Periodically checking in on #AKsen write-in count on adn.com Alaska Politics Blog http://bit.ly/d4QnvL #fb #
- RT: @adndotcom: Democratic observer says elections officials overruling 90% of Miller write-in challenges. http://bit.ly/anks1r #
- Democratic observer: “She did an effective job” re: Murkowski’s #AKSen write-in effort. Name mostly spelled right. http://bit.ly/anks1r #fb #
- #AKSen vote count proving it’s not “Sarah Palin’s Alaska” no matter what she calls her crappy reality show. http://bit.ly/anks1r #fb #
- WaPo review of ‘Sarah Palin’s Alaska’ much better than show itself likely to be. Great laughs! Thx WaPo! http://wapo.st/95lhgv #
- New Yorker review of “Sarah Palin’s Alaska” also a good read about a sucky show. http://nyr.kr/9E5s4n #
- Anchorage downtown/midtown: if you can get to height to see, I’m told amazing fata morgana in progress across Cook Inlet toward Denali. #fb #
- Definition of fata morgana at Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fata_Morgana_%28mirage%29 #
- Blog post of mine showing prior fata morgana: http://www.henkimaa.com/2010/02/04/the-daily-tweets-2010-02-04/ #
- RT: @adndotcom: First official results: 89% of 7600+ ballots counted cast perfectly for Murkowski. http://bit.ly/anks1r #
- RT: @RiseReviews: Indie presses/authors: New review site wants to review your books! Non-pro-paying markets ONLY http://bit.ly/9oMkR7 Pls RT #
- RT: @adndotcom: Fed judge with prior ‘negative opinion’ of Miller takes himself off write-in lawsuit. http://bit.ly/azuHJ3 // Judge Sedwick #
- MIller left fed magistrate job w/out adequate prior notice too. Another quitter victim, just like his pal Palin. http://bit.ly/azuHJ3 #fb #
- Per AK Dispatch, Miller camp gave up challenging “Murkowski, Lisa” when they saw printed ballots said “Miller, Joe” http://bit.ly/advxk8 #fb #
Here’s a photo (taken February 4, 2010) of the fata morgana referred to in the post linked a few tweets up:
This was taken from the taller of two Denali Towers in midtown Anchorage, showing downtown Anchorage with Mt. Foraker (left), Denali (middle), & fata morgana (right) in the background. Fata morgana are optical illusions particularly common in polar or other cold regions: there really aren’t really any mountains north of Denali visible from Anchorage, except with fata morgana.