Today was Third Thursday: which means an evening write-in with my NaNoWriMo peeps, who continue to meet every third Thursday of the month for just such a purpose even when its not NaNovember. For me, a good productive evening worth 1,277 words, some of which were background/thinking my way to the story writing, but some of which handsomely completed a scene I’d been semistuck with in “Asura,” one of the stories I’ve got in the Long Dark/Cold story universe, which is about murder, Lord Shiva, and restorative justice aboard a spaceship on the way to another solar system. A welcome break from Sullygate, tea party news, & other politics.
This is why I did my taxes last night, instead of waiting to the last minute like I usually do.
And then a brisk walk home, most of the way accompanied by one of the best damn songs for walking I know of: “Storming New Caprica” by Bear McCreary from the Season 3 “Battlestar Galactica” soundtrack.
Walking is a Very Good Thing, & something I’ll be doing even more of now, along with other exercise (rowing, dance, etc.) — as I enter a new fat-loss phase with a little Start Walking program I’ll be doing with some of my officemates (seeing as the university as a whole is not doing one itself).
And here’s today’s tweets. Happy to learn one of my NaNo peeps really likes the stories I bit.ly link over the course of the day.
- RT: @kesbian_latie: Photo of the day: http://bit.ly/cN7SJT -This photo was my first exhibited piece. / I remember it! I love that photo. #
- Usually Tax Day sucks. But I did mine last night, so it doesn’t suck after all. Esp. as I avoid all tea parties as a waste of brain cells. #
- Ask the card-carrying socialists: Is Obama one of them? – CNN.com http://bit.ly/cZqj7P #
- The KFC Double Down: One Sandwich To Kill You All http://huff.to/dspK1g — this really is 1 of the most disgusting food items i’ve ever seen #
- Barney Frank: ENDA language finalized – time to lobby your Reps & Senators for LGBT equal employment. http://bit.ly/cth3Gt #fb #
- RT: @nethenekhthon: 3rd Thursday write group tonight! 7pm @ Denny’s on Denali. Bring supplies, write furiously. // I’ll be there! #