The news that greeted me this morning: the U.S. Supreme Court’s 5-4 activist decision in Citizens United v. Federal Election Commission, which further extended the legal fiction that corporations are “persons” by granting their extremely deep special interest pockets pretty much unlimited “free speech” in campaign advertising. This is one I’ve been watching. Democracy in the U.S. is sliding every more deeply into the toilet. More on this tomorrow.
- Conspiracy theorists: did Alaska’s HAARP research facility cause Haiti quake? (@adndot.com) http://bit.ly/4rdCYA // HAARP caused Palin. #fb #
- U.S. Supreme Court 5-4 sells out democracy to the highest corporate bidders. Democracy on its deathbed. http://bit.ly/7G4Mur #fb #
- RT: @celticdiva RT: @Greytdog: One person one vote. One Corporation – unlimited votes. Democracy in 21st century America. #democracyfail #
- More from @shannynmoore on the Supreme Court approved corporate takeover of American elections http://bit.ly/8VxIRN #fb #
- Andrew Sullivan highlights the Mormon hierarchy’s “plausible deniability” – Prop 8 a front for religious groups. http://bit.ly/8mwoD2 #fb #