See this post to learn more about the Start Walking program in which I’m participating.
July 23-30. My goal this week was to finish moving out of our old apartment & into the new, regardless of how many steps I got in. Here’s how I did; for details, go to the post of that title. (Titles in bold are to posts that are especially significant — discussion of technique, philosophy, etc. related to bettering my health.).
- Mon: Lift & carry, then pack another box. 7,696 steps (or equivalent) + moving.
- Tue: Gee, what did I do today? 7,403 steps (or equivalent) + moving.
- Weds: A different view. 15,708 steps (or equivalent) + moving.
- Thu: A needed slowdown. 3,290 steps.
- Fri: Day off for moving. 11,597 steps (or equivalent) + moving.
- Sat: Reality check, part 1. 12,352 steps (or equivalent) + moving.
- Sun: Reality check, part 2. 7,386 steps (or equivalent) + moving.
Summary: We didn’t complete the move, but hard moving-boxes workouts got me down a couple of pounds (for a total of 16 pounds lost since the end of December), & somehow I managed to make a top-four-days average of 11,838 (7-day average 9,347). But most importantly, after an emergency room visit on Saturday night & two nights in the hospital, my partner is still breathing — in fact, breathing much better than she has been for two or three months.
In non-Start Walking news, I came up against another person’s somewhat totalizing view of the relationship between carbohydrates & depression, & wrote a couple of posts on that matter:
I’ll be following up with how I myself actually eat to support myself against depression & for my overall health.